Hello! My name is Amy Buckle. I am an English Literature and Language graduate of the University of Reading. I have always been an avid reader and there’s nothing I like more than curling up in bed with a cup of tea and a good book.
Amy’s Bookshelf is a way for me to express my opinions about the novels I read; ranging from old classics to contemporary works of fiction, I hope there’s a review on here for everyone. I also write posts about book related topics as well, so head to my Other Posts page to have a read of those.
All my reviews are given a rating, with a maximum of five stars, and each post is only about 500 words in length (so short and sweet!) I never include spoilers in my reviews so no plots will be ruined for anyone who hasn’t read them yet.
If you would like to contact me about reviewing a book then please head to my Contact Me page where you can find my details.
I hope you enjoy!
A selection of a few of my favourite books (in no particular order), some of which I have reviewed on this blog:
- The Book Thief – Markus Zusak
- Birdsong – Sebastian Faulks
- The Time Keeper – Mitch Albom
- The Help – Kathryn Stockett
- Extremely Loud and Incredibly Close – Jonathan Safran Foer
- Instructions for a Heatwave – Maggie O’Farrell
- The History of Rasselas, Prince of Abissinia – Samuel Johnson
- Where Rainbows End – Cecelia Ahern
- What We Talk About When We Talk About Love – Raymond Carver
- To Kill A Mockingbird – Harper Lee